As my last post was a bit sad I thought I'd do a happier post today, and what could be happier than CHOCOLATE?! This is my basic go-to chocolate fairy cake recipe. I love it because it's easy, delicious, and you can adapt it by adding different things like plain chocolate chips, vegan white chocolate chunks, cherries, coffee, anything you fancy!
1 cup of soya milk
1 cup self raising flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup cocoa powder (not drinking chocolate!)
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar (I know! Vinegar in a cake?! Weird! But you can't taste it at all and it makes the cakes rise)
1) Let the soya milk warm up to room temperature.
2) Preheat the oven to gas mark 4 / 180 C / 350 F)
3) Line a muffin tin with cake cases. I like silicone ones that are washable!
4) Whisk together the soya milk and the apple cider vinegar - it will go frothy! Leave for a few minutes
5) Then whisk in the vanilla extract, oil and sugar. Whisk it up!
6) Sift in half the flour and the baking powder and stir, then sift in the other half, stir.
7) Sift in half the cocoa powder and stir, then sift in the other half, stir.
8) Pour into the cake cases and bake for 18-25 minutes (until a cake skewer/cocktail stick inserted into the middle comes out clean!)