Thursday, 10 March 2011

Recipe: Vegan Blue Cheese, Brocolli and Asparagus Pasta

This is my new favourite meal, we have it once a week now and I make heaps at a time so I can have some for lunch the next day! I'd never tried blue cheese before and didn't know what to do with it so I asked friends on Facebook for ideas and looked up lots of recipes online and they inspired me to create this! I hope you like it :)

- 1 packet pasta (Fusilli Giganti works really well)
- 1 big brocolli
- 150g asparagus
- 1 block of Bute Island Blue Sheese
- 250ml carton Alpro cream
- 2 or 3 cloves garlic
- Vitalite
- Salt and pepper

1) Boil the pasta for 22 minutes ish
2) Chop up the brocolli and asparagus into bitesize chunks.
3) Add the brocolli and asparagus to the pasta pan for the last 5 minutes
4) Drain and leave to one side
5) Melt Vitalite and crush in some garlic
6) Pour in the cream and stir together
7) Crumble in the block of Blue Sheese
8) Add the pasta, brocolli and asparagus and stir
9) Season
10) Enjoy!

So easy and yummy!

1 comment:

  1. I have yet to try Bute Island Blue cheese (I'm a bit of a cheezly fanatic) but I looove broccoli and asparagus so I'll need to give this a go sometime :)

    ReplyDelete